From the thunderous movement of Africa’s great herds of wildebeest and zebra across the Serengeti to a sea turtle hatchling crawling toward the ocean, animal migrations are some of the worlds most inspiring phenomena. The trials faced by these animals and the distances they travel are an essential reminder of the delicate balance of Earth’s ecosystem. The consequences are evident in many of his shots, which range from overhead views of elephants, flamingos, and snow geese to an eye-to-eye view of ladybird beetles. To get the varied perspectives in his shots, Wolfe has flown, floated, canoed, waded, and snorkeled on four continents, photographing mammals, birds, and insects.
- Hardcover: 167 pages
- Publisher: Earth Aware Editions; Second Edition (2016)
- Language: English
- ISBN-13: 978-1-60887-714-0
- Product Dimensions: 11.5 x 9.5 x 0.9 inches
- Optional Card Set Bundle: 16 blank notecards, 4 each of 4 images: Zebras, Impalas, Elephants and Butterflyfish.
- Optional Book Bundle: Includes Migrations First Edition (1994)