Over the course of his thirty-year career, award-winning photographer ART WOLFE has worked on every continent and in hundreds of locations. His stunning images interpret and record the world’s fastest disappearing wildlife, landscapes, and native cultures and are a lasting inspiration to those who seek to preserve them all. Wolfe’s photographs are recognized throughout the world for their mastery of color, composition, and perspective, and his photographic mission is multifaceted: art, wildlife advocacy, and journalism all inform his work.
WADE DAVIS has degrees in anthropology and biology, as well as a PhD in ethnobotany from Harvard University. Currently he is an explorer-in-residence at the National Geographic society. Davis is a critically acclaimed, international best-selling author whose books include The Serpent and the Rainbow, The Clouded Leopard, Light at the Edge of the World, and The Lost Amazon. In 2002 he was awarded a Lannan Foundation Literary Award. He lives in British Columbia.
Advanced printing process: The printing of this book utilizes a revolutionary new color reproduction technique called Chroma Centric™, which is eight times more precise than standard offset printing. To meet the demands of high-density printing, this process uses stochastic screening and specially formulated inks, enhancing the color gamut by more than 25 percent. With this technique, Insight Editions is creating perhaps the most stunning color photography book of its kind.
- Orignal large format Fine Art Edition
- Hardcover: 396 pages
- Publisher: Insight Editions; 1ST edition (Sept, 2014)
- Language: English
- ISBN-13: 978-1-60887-306-7
- Product Dimensions: 11 x 14 inches
- 6 six-page and 8 eight-page gatefolds
- Print Option 1: Humpback Whale, approx. 9×12″, embedded signature and suitable for framing
- Print Option 2: Night Fisherman, approx. 7.25×11″, embedded signature and suitable for framing
- Out of print – limited supply available!