Every night, an often unseen buzz of activity takes place all around the globe. This gorgeous collection of photographs takes the reader on a magical journey from dusk to dawn.
To create this gorgeous new book, acclaimed photographer Art Wolfe traveled to every continent to explore and document the nighttime world of animals, humans, and nature. From a blazing sunset over Antarctic ice to Tokyo’s nighttime street racers to coffee with Brazilian cowboys as the dawn breaks, this book is an unparalleled feast for the eyes, and a never-before-collected glimpse into a world that comes to life as most of us are sleeping. Highlights include:
– Africa: Hustle and bustle in Morocco’s nighttime markets.
– Asia: Balinese fire dancers.
– The Americas: Bison in an icy sunrise.
– Europe: Volcanic eruptions in Iceland.
– Antarctica: Colonies of penguins awaking to the dawn.
– Oceania: Star trails over the Australian Outback.
- Hardcover: 256 pages
- Publisher: Earth Aware Editions (Oct 5, 2021)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1683839250
- ISBN-13: 978-1683839255
- Product Dimensions: 9 x 12 inches